The iOS, iPhone and iPad mobile database for mobile applications.
Mobile Database Overview
RDM Mobile Edition is a high-performance, mobile database management system ideal for the developer who is creating a standalone application for a smart phone or tablet device.
For the iOS platform this package includes a new Objective C API which provides an intuitive and familiar interface for Apple developers. RDM Mobile is designed to meet today’s mobile applications. Its ACID compliant database engine supports B-tree and hash indexes; the B-tree indices can support simple and/or compound keys. Additionally the mobile database engine has been developed to fully utilize multi-core processors, run within minimal memory, and support both in-memory and on-disk storage. Implemented as a linkable library, the database is allowed to become an embedded part of your applications.
The Plus package includes additional functionality, such as replication, mirroring and extra features for enhanced connectivity.
New Feature: Performance Benchmarks and Database Functionality Tutorials
Our Database Performance Popcorn Samples let you test in-memory, on-disk performance and other configurations within your app’s environment. You can also view quick database tutorials that show you how to configure different features within our database. Each sample takes less than 5 minutes.
- Maximum Databases Open Simultaneously: No Limit
- Maximum Records Per Database: No Limit
- Maximum Size of Database File: Limited only by file system
- Maximum Tables Per Database: No Limit
- Maximum Records Per Table: No Limit
- Maximum Record Size: 32 kb (excluding BLOB or VARCHAR)
- Maximum Fields Per Table: No Limit
- Maximum Keys Per Database: No Limit
- Maximum Size of Keys: 242 bytes
- RAM Requirements: User configurable, minimum 50 kilobytes
- Code Footprint: Starting at ~270 kb, depending on OS and database features
Modes of Operation
- Application Linked
Data Types Supported
- DBADDR (ROWID)
- Floating Point – 32bit and 64bit
- Integer – 8bit, 16bit, 32bit and 64bit
- C struct
Additional SQL Data Types:
Objective C API
The Objective-C 2.0 interface to RDM Mobile is designed to augment the RDM navigation on Mac OS X and iOS platforms by creating custom objects to represent records and interface with the database. This combines the performance of RDM with the intuitiveness of an object oriented interface, making it easy to integrate with Cocoa applications.
Need more APIs? View RDM Mobile Plus Edition